Setting yourself apart is a must in today’s competitive market. Video enhances job postings, branding, and recruitment by providing an extra wow factor. The benefits of using video in recruitment are vast. They include reaching more candidates, attracting attention, compellingly presenting your brand, enhancing candidate experience, and ultimately getting more applications.
Looking to hire top talent? Learn How to Write Better Jobs Ads!
Video is an integral part of how we process information today; without video, your company’s appeal may decrease to potential job seekers. Video helps humanize recruitment and, thus, you and your business. The real benefit of video is that it brings your company and employees to life, showcasing who you are. Going beyond just words or pictures, video assists candidates in imagining themselves as your employee.
- According to Cisco, video contributes to 82% of all internet usage.
- Job ads with embedded video get 800% more engagement.
- According to Wordstream, video generates an amazing 1200% more shares than text and images combined!
- CareerBuilder survey has found that job postings with videos have a 34% greater application rate.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
Video provides clarity by allowing potential employees to better asses your company, giving them a more accurate depiction of what it is like to work with you. Another benefit of allowing candidates a first-hand look at your workspace is that they can decide if the job is for them. If it doesn’t fit who they are, they won’t apply, saving you time and effort.
Video Recruitment Tools Must:
- Keep it Brief- 1 to 3 minutes is more than enough time to get your point across without those watching losing interest.
- Keep it on Brand– The meat of your video should be authentic and showcase your company’s core values. What is the message you want to convey?
- Light and Sound– These are an absolute must. Even if you are making something simple, ensure good lighting and audibility. If viewers cannot see or hear, they will not remain engaged.
Did you know? According to Brightcove, video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages (SERP).
More on core values and how to Build a Leadership Brand that Works here!
The Basics to Making a Video Great
- Start with a hook: something compelling; this could be an unexpected question, a little-known fact, or something lighthearted and fun.
- Why am I here?: What is in it for your audience, and why would they want to work there? What makes you/your office interesting? This is where you showcase who you are.
- Call to Action: Tell your viewer to do something after they watch. This could be to check open jobs on your site, email their resumes, or contact a recruiter.